Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hohenfels Germany Community Bazaar

I recently donated one of my new Christmas sessions to the Hohenfels Community and Spouses Club (HCSC) for their Community Bazaar. It was part of a silent raffle. Most items donated were baskets that were filled with goodies. The team my husband is on here donated a basket and everyone from the team was welcomed to donate something to it, theme 'around Germany.' I donated a bottle of wine for that one. The basket's value was $250 and I saw it sold for $200!
There must have been at least a dozen baskets and other items (one donation was 3 cases of German beer, you know the kind that comes in the plastic cases!) It is a great way to support our local HCSC. In turn the money goes completely back into our community in the form of scholarships for students of spouses!

The Bazaar was wonderful with lots of great vendors! Belgium Chocolates, Drindls, Lederhosen, wooden toys, cuckoo clocks, antiks, ornate furniture, cheese, wines. Of course the Polish Pottery guy was there! And I bought a beautiful little tea set off him for Christmas for my daughter! I'm so excited for her to get the little heirloom souvenir! But I did most of my pottery shopping from the Ways & Means organization! They are the fundraising section of the HCSC and they have the lucky task of going to flohmarkts and such and shopping for items to resell. Well they had some nice pottery there for great prices! And some was from last year's bazaar that hadn't sold so they marked it way down. Lucky me! =) I learned that the Ways & Means sells their goods at the monthly spouse's luncheons... oh just another reason to go! Now.. where do I sign up to do the shopping for them? Spending someone else's money is always fun! =)

Of course joining the HCSC isn't only about shopping and luncheons, or the other bonuses like free child care while you volunteer or the card that gets you 1/2 off thrift store items (heehee) but it is about community, giving back, and the greater good! All of the proceeds from the Silent Auction are used by the HCSC to support our community through welfare grants to private organizations and college scholarships.

So I was happy to donate! And I'm happy to learn my session raised the HCSC $150!!!! WOO HOO! Thank you to Angela Hamilton! The session was the Mistletoe Christmas session and included a session, christmas cards and 8x10 print AND a high res digital image! A $175 value! =)

I also volunteered two out of the three days in the Hospitality Room which has donated food for the vendors and volunteers. Everyone who volunteered was amazing! The food was great to keep everyone going, vendors and volunteers alike. Everyone did so much work! Everything looked wonderful and I know everyone was exhausted by the end of it. I tip my hat to all the volunteers. Especially the ones who were there since Wednesday putting down the tape, Thursday setting up and making everything run smoothly Friday Saturday and Sunday and then having to break down Sunday night.

I'm looking forward to the next one and hoping you can count on me to donate again as well as put in some more volunteer hours!

That being said.. I'm coming to all the luncheons from now on so I can shop... err help =)

If you are interested in becoming a member of the HCSC or becoming a board member (their website shows there are some openings) please check out their website or facebook page!

Website

http://www.hohenfelscsc.com

Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/HohenfelsCSC

Friday Morning opening ceremonies. Here comes Heather Rowley, President HCSC and Cindy Walker, Bazaar Committee Chair to cut the tape!

You remember the Lollipop Kin? Well here's the Breze Kin! These kids did a FANTASTIC job walking around selling pretzels raising money for the community!!

LTC John J. Strange, Jr Cuts the Bavarian style tape with Heather Rowley and Cindy Walker.

And let the shopping... err festivities begin! =)

The Miller family seen here receiving a free basket awarded by the HCSC Bazaar Committee Chair, Cindy Walker. They were chosen at random by AFN's radio host.

AFN The Eagle was airing live from the Bazaar!

My daughter, Naomianna, enjoying some hot chocolate with 'sour put' (what she calls sour cream) and chocolate shavings from the Belgium Chocolates vendor! YUM!

The session I donated that raise $150 for the HCSC =)

No comments:

Post a Comment